The Sowers Project sends one-year teams to broadly proclaim the Gospel as part of a church-planting effort among unreached peoples. This blog is about connecting you to church planting among the unreached. We sincerely pray it serves and stirs you to consider your role in the Great Commission – making disciples of all nations (Matt 28:18-20).
As a ministry of Pioneers International, we wholeheartedly affirm their statement of faith. But, in addition to that, what sets us apart from other short term opportunities? Here’s what we’re about:
1. Centrality of Scripture in Life and Ministry – We treasure and teach the Word: We use the Bible as our primary tool for evangelism and discipleship, and grow in our personal knowledge and love of the Bible.
2. Pursuit of Godliness – We pursue personal & communal holiness: We prioritize walking closely with Jesus and engaging in transparent, caring team relationships.
3. The Local Church – We seek to plant healthy, Biblical churches: We develop a coherent biblical view of the church and live that out in partnership with local churches.
4. Passion for Prayer – We pray without ceasing: God sovereignly chooses to work through the prayers of His people, thus we gather regularly for corporate prayer interceding for the lost and promote unceasing prayer in our own personal lives.
5. Jealousy for Jesus’ Glory – We go to the least-reached: We consider gospel-starvation above personal comfort in determining ministry context, and seek heart-level understanding of target people.
6. Observing & Serving the Mission – We learn from and serve those who serve: We partner with long-term missionaries in day-to-day ministry. Additionally, several times each year, we travel throughout the region to see, learn from and serve long-term missionaries.